Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Meaning behind my name


A lot of people ask me how I got my name or what the meaning behind my name is. 
So I'll explain. Read this with an open mind and understand that I'm Norse(Viking) decent and Native American.
I grew up in a violent upbringing and needed someone or something to help me through it.
I never ran from my problems. I always faced them.
I'm very into animal spirtual guidance and what it can teach us about ourselves on our journey through life.

I was 7 or 8 years old living in Northern California, a little past Yosemiti National Park.
Me and some friends were playing in the wooded hills on the back side of the rail road tracks
and it was getting a little late so we decided to all go our seperate ways and go home.
On my way back home I came across (what seemed to me) this massive dog with huge paws. His fur was grey, light brown and black and had a very big tail so I was naturally stand-offish with him. I took a step toward him and he lowered his head so I extended  my hand out and he sniffed it. As soon as I felt I could pet him I did. And from there we clicked. I ended up bringing him home and my mom kind of flipped when she saw that he was a Wolf. What mom wouldn't flip if their 8 year old kid brought a Wolf into their house? Haha. He had a chain on him so we thought someone tried having him as a pet but as we know the relation between a Wolf and a human will NEVER be the status of "Owner" & "Pet" it will FOREVER be Wolf and human. I was cool with that. I didn't want a pet I wanted a friend.
We did everything together, even him coming to school with me(that's another story for later lol!)
After a while he stopped coming around. My mom had to explain to me again that he was a Wolf and they're independent and go when they want. But I never missed him though because it never felt like he really left. He taught me what he had to teach, but before he physically left it always felt like we switched souls or he lept into mine. It's probably why I never miss him because he's always been with me guiding me through life every step of the way. And he's still there.
I go by either Wolfie or Wolfgang. Wolfgang in old Germanic means Wolf Path. The Wolf in any culture is a path finder animal.

https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=134226096681211

No comments:

Post a Comment