Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Quick thought on religion

I don't believe in an "almighty" creator or entity but I don't believe we just rot in the ground and that's it. I will not attend a service and allow some hypocrite standing behind a podium to preach to me when he himself doesn't follow the "word". I went to church when I was younger up until high school. I was living in a group home at the time (Boystown) and they basically forced us to go. Hated it. It felt so phony to me. And the fact that politics use religion to persuade ignorant voters to vote for them. Fact is Science is backed by facts where religion is really backed by nothing but faith. Yes faith does get you places but only so far. I don't ever push my views onto anyone. Christians however for some reason love to feel like they're superior to everyone like they're on top of a pedestal. And they look down on you if you don't believe in the "correct god". There are hundreds of religions out there what makes you think that your's is right? Keep an open mind. Oh yeah by the way our mother Earth is not 6,000 years old! Open a science book!

No comments:

Post a Comment